T.E.B.H. on instagram

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whore House of Representatives- Decay


This one is still available, but the copy I'm putting up is a promo copy I got when I ordered a Watership Down 7" about a year ago. It seems to have been printed in Malaysia, and has different art work than the official Un-Yelliman Records. I can't find a track listing for the official release, but i assume its the same, unless they manged to secure the tracks off the Mark Burback split. On to the meat of our topic. What you get with this discography is some 90's Seattle Anarcho-punk. Its fast, snotty, and occasionally pushes into hardcore and thrash territory. WHoR used to kick around with a lot of the Rodent Popsicle bands, and half the photos I found were with Toxic Narcotic or Brother Inferior. And that's much of what you get here. Female fronted punk that strays into hardcore and power violence territory from time to time.

I'd like to say I love all the music posted here, but I could take or leave this apparently, as it sat on my desk untouched for a year. Actually, for a while I forgot I had it. Its not bad, its just kind of generic. I tried to find out more about the band, but they seem to keep their info to themselves. Formed in 1993, seemed to be very active in the Seattle area, broke up in 1999, and are rather bitter about the state of the Seattle punk scene today(at least according to the liner notes of Decay)

This is one for fans of bands like FCP and Retching Red, which are both female fronted bands that are more aggressive that the typical Riot Grrl offerings.
the end

No comments:

Post a Comment