T.E.B.H. on instagram

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lux Interior

Is dead. Most of you who keep your fingers on the pulse of punk rock probably already knew this, as it was anounced yesterday. Lux was the front man for seminal punk/garage/rockabilly/rock out fit The Cramps. His passing marks the end of these pioneering punk rock legends. I don't care to go into particulars, you can get those elsewhere, but the death was heart related.

The thing that I want to talk about is the fact im a little weirded out by Lux Interior's death. On Monday, all I listened to were Cramps songs, all day, all night. To find out that the next day their leader was dead is merely coincidence, but a damn weird one no matter how its sliced. I regret that the thing that gets me back into posting is the death of a punk icon. In my circle, this will go on as a foot note, but I know others are bound to be shaken by Lux Interior's death

No comments:

Post a Comment